Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Too old for Video Games?

When do you think you become too old for video games?

Back in school I was addicted to games like Age of Kings, where i formed armies to conquer empires, Halo, where I took the role of Master Chief and destroyed entire universes and Pokemon, where I raised and created relationships with little monsters that kept me entertained for hundreds of hours.
But not anymore. There is something missing now, something that kept me glued to the screen. What kept me sinking so much time into these pieces of code was an escape. I was using video games to ignore reality and create a new one that was better, one that i had complete control over.
I believe we become too old for video games when we mature past the stage of looking to escape the life we have instead of living it.\

Carl.

No comments:

Post a Comment